Sunday, May 6, 2012

Don't you love diagonals!

After seeing a card in a Cardmaker Magazine from a couple years ago, I became enamored with the idea of mats that were cut on the diagonal. The watermelon card from the first video I made used the diagonal. Here are two others that I've done recently. Both use coordinating double-sided papers from a stack of 5 x 7 papers called A Family Affair by Momenta.


Here's an Easter card done in burgundy, gray, and yellow. The Bible verse from Matthew is superinscribed over the word RISEN. I used my computer and Printmaster to generate the sentiment. The card is 5 x 7. The cross and mat are from the Inspired Heart cartridge from Cricut. I hope this sparks your appreciation for diagonals and renews your awareness of Christ's sacrifice.


This card is for my mom for Mother's Day. She loves violets. I stamped the large image in Color Box Charcoal ink on light yellow and used some shimmery chalks from Oriental Trading to fill it in. Using the center point feature on my Cricut and the Elegant Edges cartridge, I cut the image out at 2 1/2". The purple mat is 3".

For the strip at the bottom, I started with a piece of purple that was 5" x 1 3/4". I scalloped the edges with a Fiskars punch and did the same thing with a narrower piece of yellow. Using just one violet from the larger stamp, I stamped both ends of the yellow piece and colored it with chalk. The word MOTHER is another stamp done in Versa Magic Eggplant chalk ink. The green mat is 1". Small gold beads in the center of each flower complete the card. My mom will really appreciate it (and save it). I hope you like it too. Have a wonderful Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, those flowers are great on your mother's day card, love how you added the bing!

    Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete