Saturday, June 9, 2012

More pictures, #2--Masculine birthday card

It seems as though most of the men in my life have their birthdays and other big holidays in June and July. This card is for my brother who is turning 50.  I used the spider image from Cricut's Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I think that the hat makes the spider look more like a guy. The image is cut in the blackout feature so that I could stamp the face (Peachy Keen Stamps) rather than have the cut out one. I added glossy accents to the eyes and an Action Wobble to the spider.  The inside sentiment is "Don't let it scare you!" I think it's both masculine and fun.

I'm entering it in the Freshly Made Sketches #38 contest. http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/ I turned the sketch upside down.


5 comments:

  1. Kinda how I felt when I turned 50! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I'm sure your brother will appreciate the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a fun birthday card, and a great take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card! The saying is a hoot! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a funny image for a big birthday! So clever! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete