Sunday, September 1, 2013

Owl Happy Birthday

I made this birthday card for someone who likes both owls and the retro orange, brown and green colors of the '70s.

 
The owl is from Create a Critter. I used the branch that was an accessory for it. Dark brown is the base for the owl. I added a subtle orange-on-orange print for the next layer and a bright orange with circles for the top. The bright orange is a favorite from a K and Company stack called Life's Little Occasions. I've used that orange several times. In fact, in the next two posts I'll be showing others cards I've made with it. It's bright, cheery, and very versatile. 
 
Gloosy accents help the beak and the feet pop off the page a bit. A sideways sentiment added some balance without looking crowded.
 
"Whooo's" someone you could make this for? Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment