Thursday, April 11, 2013

Corner-rounded Flower Happy Birthday, Part 8 of Recent Cards

Hi, everyone. Several of the cards I've seen on Pinterest have included a flower with petals made from squares that have two corners (diagonals) rounded with a large corner rounder. After trying one with one layer and liking it a great deal, I decided to add my own twist.

I started with four sets of four squares. The solid red ones (used as shadows) are 1 1/2" and 1 1/4". The print squares are 1 3/8" and a 1/8".  After cutting the squares, I rounded the corners, then layered the prints on top of the solids. I embossed the card background, then placed the larger petals on the card. I glued well, but not near the petal edges so that I could slide some leaves (Spellbinders) under the flower when I was finished. I layered the smaller petals on top of the larger ones (using foam tape for dimension), added a 1/2" circle for the center, and slipped the leaves in under the petals. A piece of ric rac and a stamped sentiment, and I was finished.

Pull out your corner rounder and give this a try, then let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment